|Post Title||Manager (Business Development)|
|Department ||Strategy, Policy and Governance|
|Grade||CL6 – Manager (Indefinite)|
|Reporting to ||Chief Officer or Senior Management Officer as may be designated by the CEO|
Overall Purpose of the Position
The Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies that will help MDIA achieve its objectives and maximize opportunities. The Manager will also be responsible for identifying and implementing potential regulatory optimizations initiatives and working with the relevant parties to ensure that the Authority is operating optimally within the regulatory framework.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
The Manager shall be responsible for the following, but not limited to:
- Develop and implement a business development strategy aligned with MDIA's overall strategic plan, aimed at identifying and maximizing business opportunities;
- Conduct horizon scanning and analysis to identify potential opportunities, threats, and competitive landscape;
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including industry players, government officials, and other relevant parties;
- Work closely with MDIA's senior management team to identify and pursue new opportunities;
- Provide guidance and support to MDIA's staff on business development matters;
- Identify and implement regulatory optimizations initiatives, including development of new guidelines;
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of the regulatory environment in which MDIA operates;
- Prepare and present reports to senior management and other stakeholders on business development and regulatory optimization matters;
- Attend conferences and other relevant events to represent MDIA and network with potential partners and clients.
- Developing, implementing, establishing, maintaining, and monitoring policies, procedures, and practices;
- Delegating responsibility to staff, when applicable;
- Making recommendations to the Chief Officer.
- Attendance outside normal office hours may be required;
- Duties abroad when as required in line with the exigencies of the Authority.
Main Communication Channels (Key Working Relationships)
- Liaison with Offices/ Units of the Authority and with other bodies and entities;
- Economic operators and service providers;
- Potential applicants.
By the closing time and date of this call for applications, applicants must have:
A solid background in IT, Public Relations, Business Management, or another related background which may be considered relevant for this post; AND
- An academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6* or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognized professional qualification at a comparable level**. If the candidate does not have the necessary academic or professional qualification but have at least ten (10) years of relevant experience in a similar role, the Authority would still be interested in speaking with him/her/they; AND
- A minimum of three (3) years working in a relevant area. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred; AND
- Soft skills required:
- Quality-driven: Ability to continuously strives to deliver high-quality service by adding value to stakeholders, fostering an entrepreneurial culture, as well as by having the flexibility to respond to shifts in the industry.
- Knowledgeable: Commitment to continuous professional development and industry training.
- Transparent: Ability to carry out all activities with openness, integrity, diligence, expertise, trustworthiness and objectivity, while maintaining the highest professional standards.
- Collaborative: Capacity to share ideas and disseminate information with stakeholders, work in a team and be responsive to queries from other entities and the public.
- Reliable: Ability to be productive to pave the way for new opportunities. In so doing, it seeks to be a reliable body for the various internal and external stakeholders that require the Authority’s services in any capacity.
*It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so at application stage. Details can be obtained by accessing the Malta Further and Higher Education Authority (MFHEA) website on https://mfhea.mt/ under MQRIC heading.
** A recognised Qualification comparable to the required number of ECTS/ECVET credits, as applicable, is only accepted subject to an MQRIC formal recognition statement being submitted with the application.
Interested applicants are to send their CV to email@example.com by no later than 14th June 2023.